Just Updated Firmware - went from perfect setup to constant pix-elation and drops - simonpickard

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
dantello

Re: Just Updated Firmware - went from perfect setup to constant pix-elation and drops - simonpickard

Postby dantello » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:44 am

[/quote]
I've read elsewhere that the program is still included but the installation no longer puts a shortcut to it on the desktop. In Windows it's hdhomerun_config_gui.exe in the HDHomeRun program directory. So make your own shortcut.
[/quote]

Done! Thanks so much for the tip. I didn't think they would hide something so useful so I never thought to look there. And the HDHR meter shows 100% on signal and symbol level and quality, so lets hope they fix this soon.

signcarver
Expert

Re: Just Updated Firmware - went from perfect setup to constant pix-elation and drops - simonpickard

Postby signcarver » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:55 am

Chances are if it shows 100% signal strength it is too much power as one wouldn't know how much above 100% it would be and the connect and extend are known for having issues when the input is too high.

hlyppens

Postby hlyppens » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:19 am

I had constant pixelation and drops from HDHomeRun. I narrowed it down to a VM running in VMWare Player. Fortunately my PC has 2 nics so when I banished the VM to the other NIC relative to HDHomeRun, the problem went away. Also did you run the hdhomerun command line diagnostics with all the dots? Does it show problems?

majikdragon

Postby majikdragon » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:46 am

Hey nickk, are we likely to get an update on this any time soon? Or should I just get a refund on my HDHomeRun?

lmolter54

Postby lmolter54 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:20 am

20170612beta1 SD Extend (2) -- Add me to the list as well. I thought all was well. I record, with Plex, Colbert (CBS) every night with no issues. Recorded Wimbledon over the weekend on local ABC affiliate and pixellation caused the recording to be unusable. Signal strength is 100% on this channel. Could it be that I have too high a signal strength? I already have 6db attenuators on the inputs. Should I double them to 12db? With so many of the moving parts being in beta status, it's hard to pinpoint the cause.

Mediaman
Expert

Postby Mediaman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:09 am

20170612beta1 SD Extend (2) -- Add me to the list as well. I thought all was well. I record, with Plex, Colbert (CBS) every night with no issues. Recorded Wimbledon over the weekend on local ABC affiliate and pixellation caused the recording to be unusable. Signal strength is 100% on this channel. Could it be that I have too high a signal strength? I already have 6db attenuators on the inputs. Should I double them to 12db? With so many of the moving parts being in beta status, it's hard to pinpoint the cause.
This is a dead thread the OP's issue was resolved you need to start a new one. Simply because the title of thread resembles your issues does not mean they are the same. The OP's issues related to a firmware version long since gone. That said.

Yes you could have too high of signal strength. The only way to know is to test that by removing amps or adding attenuation in the form of splitters or an actual attenuator. Also you should look at tvfool and get a map of your areas antennas to look for conflicts with other towers in your area that are sending the same signal and look to cut out the possibility of them over lapping [for lack of a better word] on your tuner.

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”